TrainingWare – Teach – Measure – Succeed!
TrainingWare, the world’s best and most comprehensive assistive technology teaching and Learning Measurement System. TrainingWare is on-line, living in a custom-built and totally accessible program called Nexus, linking students/clients, instructors and administrators for successful outcomes.
Whether you customize instruction by hand-picking appropriate lessons or teach titles from beginning to end, the power and flexibility of TrainingWare will meet your needs.
TrainingWare is used in K – 12, colleges/universities, and non-profit and state adult rehabilitation agencies across the U.S. and beyond.
Here is what a customer said after trying TrainingWare on Nexus for the first time.
I am loving the Nexus! So far so good, just still getting familiar with the site. Love testing students, and tracking their progress.
I have a blue tooth keyboard with a blue tooth head set, and can easily work with multiple students at the same time. I love that you can access the milestones, and the quizzes with just a pop up button. It helps with quick navigation. Also, works well on the iPhone or iPad if needed.
Our Newest title
Brand new in October of 2017, TrainingWare now includes “Using Outlook 2016 Using JAWS.” Outlook 2016 with ZoomText coming very soon! SUBSCRIBERS received THIS TITLE AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.
- Tasks & Notes
Access to the TrainingWare system is provided via an annual subscription to the entire library versus purchasing specific titles. Pricing is based on the number of instructors that have access. Subscribers have access to all titles in the ever-expanding TrainingWare library, all new titles released during their subscription period and to our expert help and support.
Preview this fantastic system of TrainingWare to access the world’s best assistive technology instructional materials, tools for measuring learning and administrative tools to manage your training program. See first-hand how TrainingWare and Nexus can take your training program and those you serve to a whole new level!
click the tabs below to expand the text and learn more!
- A library of instructional curricula to teach topics such as Windows, the Internet, Microsoft Office, Google Apps and the iPad in conjunction with assistive technology products to people with vision loss.
- Corresponding Student Study Guides (optional) making it easy to follow along, take notes and study between sessions. See more below.
- All-inclusive Learning Measurement Tools So you can measure, report and document learning outcomes.
- Expert help in using and implementing TrainingWare.
- Consistent instruction throughout your team! Your clients/students receive the same quality instruction, even in times of teacher absence and caseload reassignment.
- Ease of measuring, documenting and reporting learning outcomes.
- Maximization of teaching time by freeing up the time now spent developing instruction tools, so clients/students can finish more quickly.
- Ability to assign structured homework and/or practice.
- Improved staff morale by allowing them to focus on teaching, the part of the job they love.
- Improved client/student satisfaction by making learning easier and without delays.
- Teaching Windows 10 using JAWS and ZoomText
- Teaching Windows 8 using JAWS and Window-Eyes
- Teaching Windows 7 using JAWS and Window-Eyes
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Teaching Internet Explorer using JAWS
- Teaching Excel 2013 using JAWS, Window-Eyes, and ZoomText
- Teaching Excel 2010 using JAWS, Window-Eyes, and ZoomText
- Teaching Excel 2007 using JAWS, Magic, Window- Eyes, and ZoomText
- Teaching Outlook 2016 using JAWS(ZoomText coming very soon)
- Teaching Outlook 2013 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching Outlook 2010 using JAWS
- Teaching Outlook 2007 using JAWS, Magic and ZoomText
- Teaching PowerPoint 2013 using JAWS and ZoomText
- Teaching PowerPoint 2010 using JAWS
- Teaching PowerPoint 2007 using JAWS
- Teaching word 2016 using JAWS and ZoomText
- Teaching word 2013 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching word 2010 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching Word 2007 using JAWS, Magic, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching Gmail, Calendar and Hangouts using NVDA
- Teaching Google Docs using NVDA
- Teaching Google Drive using NVDA
Apple IOS Devices:
- Teaching the iPad with Voiceover
The TrainingWare Student Study Guides directly parallel the instructor guides containing much of the same materials. The cost is $99 per title per client/student. There are three primary benefits.
- The Student Study Guides give your client/student a way to follow along with your instruction and take notes in context. This is important because we learn faster and retain information better when we take notes.
- The Student Study Guides give you a way to assign practice homework and your student a tool that guides them through that homework process. This then allows you to hold students accountable for completion of the homework. Practice, both in class and outside class, is key to long term learning.
- After the instruction process is complete, your client/student keeps the Student Study Guide, giving them a review tool should they forget the steps to do anything they learned.
Student/client readiness all comes down to one simple question, how do you know what your student learned and when he/she is ready to progress?
Measuring what a person learns is the only way to answer that and to know when they are ready to progress, whether progression means moving to the next lesson, to the next instructional topic, to higher education, to work, etc.
Some instructional programs base assessment of learning on the use of a checklist, one that the instructors check off as instruction is completed. A checklist, no matter how detailed, cannot stand alone as a measurement tool.
Other instruction programs have instructors report student subject mastery using subjective statements like, “the student understands using the internet”. Subjectivity, while often a necessary piece in assessment results, by itself, leads to wildly ineffective outcomes. Our comprehensive measurement TrainingWare tools allow you to evaluate, document and report, through teacher notes, quiz and demonstration, the level of your client’s/student’s mastery of every lesson and TrainingWare title.
We believe the best instructors and instruction programs are those who believe in, and are using objective learning measurement as their methodology to ensure client/student readiness and success.
Don’t get caught in a due process or CAP hearing without the documentation that substantiates what your student learned!
Contact us to learn more about learning measures, why your organization should be using measurement as a cornerstone of your assistive technology training program and how we can help.
We continually add to the TrainingWare library. Don’t miss out on hearing about it. Sign up to receive announcements about TrainingWare.