TrainingWare – Teach – Measure – Succeed!
Welcome to TrainingWare.com! TrainingWare is the world’s best assistive technology instructional curriculum and Learning Measurement System used in K – 12, colleges/universities, and non-profit and state rehabilitation agencies across the U.S. and beyond.
Whether you need to teach your student/client a topic from beginning to end or just enough to complete a specific project or assignment, TrainingWare is the curriculum you need!
Download a sample lesson to see how amazingly TrainingWare will benefit your organization and students/clients!
TrainingWare is moving to an on-line platform called Nexus, linking the needs of clients/students, teachers and administrators. Meet with us via remote connection to preview this fantastic system for accessing the world’s best assistive technology instructional materials, tools for measuring learning and administrative tools to manage your training program. See first-hand how
TrainingWare can take your training program to a whole new level!
Our Other Services
We also offer in-person or remote training services for your assistive technology instructional team and/or your students/clients. Finally, we provide consultant services for organizations who wish to start, grow or innovate their assistive technology program. Contact us for more information.
- A library of instructional curricula to teach topics such as Windows, the Internet, Microsoft Office, Google Apps and the iPad in conjunction with assistive technology products to people with vision loss.
- Corresponding Student Study Guides (optional) making it easy to follow along, take notes and study between sessions. See more below.
- All-inclusive Learning Measurement Tools So you can measure, report and document learning outcomes.
- Expert help in using and implementing TrainingWare.
Access to the TrainingWare system is provided via an annual subscription to the entire library versus purchasing specific books. Pricing is based on the number of instructors which have access to the materials. Subscribers of the TrainingWare family have access to all titles in the growing library, all new titles released during their subscription period and to our expert help and support.
- Consistent instruction throughout your team! Your clients/students receive the same quality instruction, even in times of teacher absence and caseload reassignment.
- Ease of measuring, documenting and reporting learning outcomes.
- Maximization of teaching time by freeing up the time now spent developing instruction tools, so clients/students can finish more quickly.
- Ability to assign structured homework and/or practice.
- Improved staff morale by allowing them to focus on teaching, the part of the job they love.
- Improved client/student satisfaction by making learning easier and without delays.
We continually add to the TrainingWare library. Don’t miss out on hearing about it. Sign up to receive announcements about TrainingWare.
- Teaching Windows 10 using JAWS and ZoomText
- Teaching Windows 8 using JAWS and Window-Eyes
- Teaching Windows 7 using JAWS and Window-Eyes
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Teaching Internet Explorer using JAWS
- Teaching Excel 2013 using JAWS, Window-Eyes, and ZoomText
- Teaching Excel 2010 using JAWS, Window-Eyes, and ZoomText
- Teaching Excel 2007 using JAWS, Magic, Window- Eyes, and ZoomText
- Teaching Outlook 2013 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching Outlook 2010 using JAWS
- Teaching Outlook 2007 using JAWS, Magic and ZoomText
- Teaching PowerPoint 2013 using JAWS and ZoomText
- Teaching PowerPoint 2010 using JAWS
- Teaching PowerPoint 2007 using JAWS
- Teaching word 2016 using JAWS (ZoomText coming soon)
- Teaching word 2013 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching word 2010 using JAWS, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching Word 2007 using JAWS, Magic, Window-Eyes and ZoomText
- Teaching Gmail, Calendar and Hangouts using NVDA
- Teaching Google Docs using NVDA
- Teaching Google Drive using NVDA
Apple IOS Devices:
- Teaching the iPad with Voiceover
The TrainingWare Student Study Guides directly parallel the instructor guides containing much of the same materials. The cost is $99 per title per client/student. There are three primary benefits.
- The Student Study Guides give your client/student a way to follow along with your instruction and take notes in context. This is important because we learn faster and retain information better when we take notes.
- The Student Study Guides give you a way to assign practice homework and your student a tool that guides them through that homework process. This then allows you to hold students accountable for completion of the homework. Practice, both in class and outside class, is key to long term learning.
- After the instruction process is complete, your client/student keeps the Student Study Guide, giving them a review tool should they forget the steps to do anything they learned.
It all comes down to one simple question, how do you know what your student learned and when he/she is ready to progress?
Measuring what a person learns is the only way to know when they are ready to progress, whether progression means moving to the next lesson, to the next instructional topic, to higher education, to work, etc. There are instructional programs which base instruction and assessment on the use of a checklist, one that the instructors check off as instruction is completed. A checklist, no matter how detailed, cannot stand alone as a measurement tool. Or there are programs that have instructors report student subject mastery using subjective statements like, “the student has an understanding of using the internet”. Subjectivity, while often a necessary part of assessment, can, by itself, lead to wildly different results, or lack of them. Our comprehensive measurement tools allow you to actually evaluate, document and report, through teacher notes, quiz and demonstration, the level of your client’s/student’s mastery of every lesson and TrainingWare title.
It is our belief that really good instructors/instruction programs are those who believe in, and are using learning measurement as a methodology to ensure their clients/students have the best chance for success.
Don’t get caught in a due process or CAP hearing without the documentation that substantiates what your student learned!
Contact us to learn more about learning measures and why your organization should be using TrainingWare as your assistive technology instruction and measurement system.